Listen. Listen. This is just a dream. But very clever people can hear dreams. So please, just listen. I know you're afraid. But being afraid is all right. Because didn't anybody ever tell you? Fear is a super power. Fear can make you faster, and cleverer, and stronger. And one day, you're going to come back to this barn, and on that day, you're going to be very afraid indeed. But that's okay. Because if you're very wise and very strong, fear doesn't have to make you cruel or cowardly. Fear can make you kind.
– Tell me what you knew, Doctor, or I'll smack you so hard you regenerate.
– I knew that eggs are not bombs. I know they don't usually destroy their nests. Essentially what I knew was: you would always make the best choice. I had faith that you'd always make the right choice.
– Honestly, d'you have music playin' in your head when you say rubbish like that?
– It wasn't my decision, I told you.
– Shut up! I am so sick of listening to you!
– Well, I didn't do it for Courtney. I didn't know what was going to happen. D'you think I'm lying?
– I don't know. I don't know! If you didn't do it for her, I mean... D'know what? It was cheap. It was pathetic. No, no, no, it was patronising! That was you patting us on the back, saying "You're big enough to go to the shops yourself now. Go on, toddle along".
– No, that was me allowing you to make a choice about your own future. That was me... respecting you.
– Oh my god, really? Was it? Yeah, well respected is not how I feel!
– Right, OK.
– I nearly didn't press that button! I nearly got it wrong. That was you, my friend, making me scared... Making me feel like a bloody idiot.
– Oh, don't you ever tell me to mind my language! Don't you ever tell me to take the stabilisers off my bike! And don't you dare lump me in with the rest of all the little humans that you think are so tiny and silly and predictable! You walk our Earth, Doctor, you breath our air, you make us your friend. That is your moon, too, Doctor, and you can damn well help us when we need it!
– I was helping.
– What, by clearing off?
– Yeah? Well, clear off! Go On! Get back in your lonely... your lonely bloody TARDIS, and you don't come back — and you don't come back.
– Clara! Clara!
– You go away! And you don't come back. OK? You go a long way away!